Brian A. Vandiver
Cox, Sterling, McClure & Vandiver
8712 Counts Massie Road
North Little Rock, AR 72113
Tel: (501) 954-8073
Fax: (501) 954-7856
Brian routinely advises management in labor and employment compliance and litigation, in areas such as employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation (e.g., Title VII, ADA, ADEA, Arkansas Civil Rights Act), wage and hour (e.g., FLSA and the Arkansas Minimum Wage Act), Arkansas common law (e.g., at-will doctrine/wrongful termination, negligent hiring/retention, defamation, outrage, invasion of privacy), employment contracts and separation agreements, unfair competition (e.g., non-compete agreements and trade secret misappropriation), Arkansas unemployment benefit claims, ERISA litigation, medical and military leave (e.g., FMLA and USSERA), and affirmative action (e.g., OFCCP).
Brian also represents clients in various legislative, public policy, and constitutional law matters, in areas such as labor and employment, freedom of speech, free exercise of religion and RFRA, right to bear arms, due process, right to jury trial/civil justice reform, and separation of powers.
- Arkansas state and federal courts, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit, 2003
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Stephen M. Reasoner
- Best Lawyers in America, Labor & Employment, 2008 -present
- MidSouth Super Lawyers, Labor & Employment, 2009 – present
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, 2013 – present
- UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, past adjunct faculty member (Employment, Employment Discrimination, Disability)
- Federal Bar Association (Employment Section)
- DRI (Employment Committee)
- The Federalist Society
- Christian Legal Society
- Republican National Lawyers Association
- Arkansas Bar Association (Board of Governors, Governance Committee, Mock Trial Committee, Labor & Employment Section)
- SHRM & ARSHRM
- Special Olympics Arkansas, Board of Directors
- Salvation Army of Central Arkansas, Advisory Board
- J.D., UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, 2000
- B.A., Hendrix College, 1997
- Arkansas Bar Association Golden Gavel, 2005
- Arkansas Business 40 Under 40, 2010
- Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Arkansas Class VII (2012-13)
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Arkansas State Advisory Committee
Cox, Sterling, McClure & Vandiver represent employers in all aspects of employment litigation, mediation, and arbitration, including EEOC and DOL litigation charges and investigations. The firm helps employers resolve complex employee relations issues and minimize employment-related claims.
Cox, Sterling, McClure & Vandiver are conveniently located in North Little Rock, near the Maumelle community, and just a short distance from the legal, business, and financial center of Arkansas.
“Brian Vandiver of Cox, Sterling, McClure & Vandiver PLLC focuses his practice on employment defense and handles issues including discrimination, wage and hour and wrongful discharge. One source said: “He’s easy to work with and has a very practical approach and I think he is very good at dealing with clients.”