In the labor law field in Brazil, where litigation is the rule, success in court is directly related to the expertise of the attorneys involved. At Veirano Advogados, our labor specialists are widely recognized for their ability to provide integrated legal advice and strategies designed to obtain the optimal outcome for their clients.
Our team has the experience to counsel large corporate groups across various economic sectors in matters such as:
- Individual labor claims
- Collective or public civil actions filed by labor unions and the Labor Public Prosecutor’s Office
- Administrative and judicial disputes over matters that are subject to inspection by the Ministry of Labor and Employment (MPT), such as outsourcing
Our labor law practice takes a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach supported by expertise in corporate, tax, and intellectual property law, civil contracts, and other legal areas relevant to managing a workforce in Brazil.
Operating with the highest standards of ethics, transparency, and mutual respect, Veirano has an excellent reputation for collective bargaining in segments such as telecommunication, commerce, metallurgy, and IT, pursuing litigation whenever the issue results in a strike. We regularly interact with foreign law firms and multinational enterprises for expatriation and international transfers, matters in which our experience in the harmonization of laws and diverse cultures is an invaluable benefit.
The Veirano team provides guidance on offers of employment to high-level executives, highly skilled specialists, and other staff. We design, implement and manage compensation and benefits policies, including salary equalization, and offer pioneering legal advisory services on the implementation of stock option plans.
Termination of executives and highly skilled professionals, whether by dismissal or resignation, is a complex activity that requires firm decision making tempered by a constructive attitude. In this sense, our services include:
- Guiding companies through collective dismissals and preparation of related settlements or representation in associated court disputes
- Negotiation and preparation of special termination agreements, including confidentiality terms, reasonable non-compete agreements and employee benefits and obligations
- Providing counsel on matters such as intellectual property rights protection and workplace harassment
The Firm offers counseling on workplace risk prevention and human resource management in a variety of ways. We help companies to understand and comply with health and safety regulations and standards. We prepare workplace policies and adapt international policies and procedures to Brazilian law in order to bridge cultural gaps and prevent misunderstandings or liability. In addition, we provide workforce training on appropriate workplace conduct and how to prevent conflicts between employer and employee or between employees at different levels of seniority.
“”I would highlight the team’s rapid service and availability, in addition to its responsibility, commitment and high level of legal understanding.”