Ogletree Deakins International LLP
26 Avenue Victor Hugo
Tel: +33 1 70 61 54 73
Jean-Marc Albiol is the co-founding Partner of the Ogletree Deakins Paris office. He regularly advises on issues related to employee representative bodies, collective dismissals, staff transfers, and he is also experienced in the setting-up of compensation policies.
He provides strategic advice on numerous complex and sensitive matters including mergers & acquisitions and restructurings of French and international groups.
Jean-Marc is recognized as an employment law ‘expert’ in Paris and his work was recognized at the Client Choice Awards 2015 and 2016 where he was the exclusive winner in the Employment & Benefits category for France. He also lectures on employment law at Paris II Panthéon Assas University.
Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Jean-Marc was a partner for many years at an international law firm.
- Advising a French telecommunications group on contentious and non-contentious employment issues deriving from an acquisition including information and consultation of the Works Council and on the implementation (and later expansion) of an ESU. This process included the harmonization of employees’ status and a redundancy plan concerning 320 employees.
- Assisting a U.S. listed company in the implementation of several phases of its reorganization in France.
- Advising a U.S. international bank on a reorganization and settlement negotiations following various individual terminations.
- Advising a Japanese company on the acquisition of a company and assistance on the exit of its corporate officers.
- Advising one of the top worldwide energy companies in its due diligence process prior to the merger with 6 companies.
- Assisting a French listed company in the review of their remuneration policy, pension liabilities and retention schemes.
- Carrying out national and international investigations into fraud, compliance and whistleblowers.
- Advising a Fortune Global 500 company on whistleblowing and data protection issues.
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has a reputation for legal excellence and responsive client service.
Ogletree Deakins’ labor and employment practice is complemented and supported by related practice groups in the areas of business immigration, litigation, employee benefits, occupational safety and health, and construction law. With offices throughout the United States and in Europe, Canada, and Mexico, the firm represents a diverse range of clients.
Our depth of experience in labor and employment law has produced a successful track record for our clients – Fortune 50 corporations to start-up companies. Although the size and scope of our practice has grown over the past quarter century, our core values remain constant. We are committed to personalized attention, innovative solutions and old-fashioned hard work. Our approach to providing clients with the resources to solve today’s business challenges is always forward-thinking and strategic. We remain committed to providing our clients with an insider’s view of the workplace issues of the day.