Ogletree Deakins International LLP
58 bis rue la Boétie
Tel: +33 1 70 61 54 73
Jean-Marc Albiol is the co-founding Partner of the Ogletree Deakins Paris office. He provides strategic advice on numerous complex and sensitive matters including mergers & acquisitions and restructurings of French and international groups. He also assists and represents employers on high stake strategic litigation cases (whistleblowers, discrimination etc.).
He regularly advises on issues related to employee representative bodies, collective dismissals, staff transfers, and he is also experienced in the setting-up of compensation policies.
Jean-Marc was ranked by Chambers in 2019 and 2020 among the 57 best French employment lawyers, and has been ranked by Best Lawyers since 2014. His work was also recognized at the Client Choice Awards 2015 and 2016 where he was the exclusive winner in the Employment & Benefits category for France.
Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Jean-Marc was a partner for many years at an international law firm.
- Advising a French listed company in the review of its compensation policy, pension plans and executive retention plans.
- Advising a listed French group (CAC 40) in the airport sector on the termination of several senior executives following internal investigations.
- Advising a French listed company (CAC 40) in the field of collective catering in the strategic negotiation support with the labour advisers of the French President, the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Labour on its employment and skills development projects.
- Advising a French listed company (CAC 40) in the field of energy and automatisms in various cases concerning its senior executives, the articulation of the dialogue with its European works council, disputes with its protected employees, site closures, etc.
- Advising companies in the retail, e-commerce and industry sectors in the context of workforce reduction (voluntary or involuntary redundancies).
- Accompaniment of French and international groups in the management of their post-Covid 19 recovery plan.
- Managing discrimination litigations.
- Conducting national and international investigations in matters of fraud, compliance, whistleblowers, including negotiations with international financing organizations such as the World Bank.
At Ogletree Deakins, we have chosen to remain a niche firm by supporting our clients exclusively on all human resources management and labor and employment issues while developing a global service of excellence and commitment.
The firm is composed worldwide of 900 lawyers dedicated to Labor & Employment law in 53 offices in Europe (Paris, London, Berlin), in the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
In France, Ogletree Deakins has nearly 30 professionals dedicated to employment law who manage complex litigation and strategic issues for major French and international groups, listed and unlisted institutional clients (SBF120, CAC40) in diverse sectors of activity such as airport, distribution, banking, biotechnology, manufacturing, real estate, luxury, media and new technologies, logistics and transport.
The firm is the result of a “think global, act local” strategy. We combine our high-level local expertise in French employment law with the methods of the global firm and its values of responsiveness, commitment and trust.