Level 30, Vero Centre
48 Shortland Street
Tel: +64 9 367 8000
Kylie is a partner in Russell McVeagh’s Litigation team, specialising in employment law. She has advocacy experience at all levels of the court system. Kylie’s practice encompasses advise on all aspects of the employment relationships with a particular focus on issues that arise with unions, the protection of confidential information, personal grievances (including misconduct and redundancy), and employment issues arising in relation to the sale of a business.
As well as her employment law practice, Kylie also advises on issues arising under the Holidays Act, Privacy Act , Human Rights Act, and Health and Safety at Work Act.
Employment Law Practice:
We understand that clients need advice on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious aspects of New Zealand employment law. Our lawyers assist with the protection of confidential information, enforcement of restraints of trade, misconduct issues and performance management, and can help during the sale, merger, or outsourcing of a business with issues like redundancy and restructuring.
Our finance experts can also assist with issues around superannuation and KiwiSaver, and we can provide assistance during issues relating to human rights, privacy, harassment and worker’s compensation.
The employment team provides clients with advice on all contentious and non-contentious aspects of New Zealand employment law, including:
- The relationship between employers and unions, including collective bargaining issues and the terms of collective agreements. We have considerable experience in dealing with unlawful strike situations and assisting clients with protracted bargaining.
- Personal grievance claims and other employment related litigation (including disputes), from mediation through to advocacy in the Employment Relations Authority, Employment Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
- The protection of confidential information and restraints of trade.
- Issues arising during employment, including misconduct issues, performance management, health and safety and stress claims.
- The employment consequences associated with the sale, purchase or outsourcing of a business, including redundancy issues, drafting relevant sections in agreements for sale and purchase and advising on the transfer of undertakings regime in New Zealand.
- Restructuring and negotiation of severance arrangements with departing employees.
- Drafting employment agreements, workplace policies and other associated documentation.
- Employee benefits, including share schemes, bonuses, superannuation and KiwiSaver issues.
- Issues relating to human rights, privacy, harassment and personal injury/accident compensation.
We are a dynamic network of specialists who are champions for our clients’ strategic goals. Widely regarded as New Zealand’s premier law firm, Russell McVeagh is committed to operating on the cutting edge of legal practice. We employ approximately 350 staff and partners across our Auckland and Wellington offices, our lawyers are the best in their fields and recognised internationally for their expertise.
The firm acts for 11 of the NZX 15 companies, and New Zealand’s major corporates, including numerous energy and utilities companies, all of New Zealand’s retail banks, and New Zealand’s largest company and largest listed company.
All of our practice groups are respected as leaders in the market and we assist clients with their most complex, challenging and high-profile transactions. Russell McVeagh continues to be on almost every, if not all major transactions in the country (conflicts aside).
“Kylie Dunn is sought after for her experience in mediation and Employment Relations Authority processes. She successfully acted for IAG New Zealand in securing search orders against a former employee. Impressed clients report: “Her responses are down to earth and easy for our managers to understand.”