Cox, Sterling, McClure & Vandiver
8712 Counts Massie Road
North Little Rock, AR 72113
Tel: (501) 954-8073
Melanie routinely defends employers in discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage and hour cases, and represents companies and individuals in litigation over trade secrets and noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements. Melanie’s experience includes representing clients at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Department of Labor, and in Arkansas state and federal courts, including the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, Melanie advises employers on all aspects of the employment relationship, including employment agreements, policies, and challenging workplace situations. She works with employers to address employment disputes, maximizing employer interests and goals while minimizing the risks of litigation. She has experience both managing and conducting investigations into issues of sexual harassment and other workplace misconduct, gender discrimination, code of conduct violations, expense fraud, theft, and conflict of interest. She regularly conducts management training programs on a range of employment topics.
Melanie also writes a blog about employment issues at www.aremploymentlaw.com.
- Representation of employees and employers in all aspects of employment litigation, mediation, and arbitration, including EEOC and DOL litigation charges and investigations.
- Advising clients on wage and hour compliance, accommodation disables workers, family and medical leave, minimizing the liability of terminations, downsizing strategies, and union avoidance.
- Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements, including executive compensation agreements, employee separation agreements, bonus and retention plans, intellectual property agreements, and confidentiality/non-competition agreements.
- Providing employment-related due diligence for business acquisitions, including review of employment policies and practices, existing litigation, and charges of discrimination.
- Enforcing and challenging non-competition agreements.
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Central Arkansas Human Resources Association
- UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, past adjunct faculty member (Employment Law)
Cox, Sterling, McClure & Vandiver are conveniently located in North Little Rock, near the Maumelle community, and just a short distance from the legal, business, and financial center of Arkansas.