85 Fleet Street
Tel: 020 7227 7410
Sejal advises on all aspects of employment law, including drafting and negotiating employment contracts, disciplinary and grievance procedures, dismissal and redundancy, discrimination claims on the grounds of religion or belief, age and disability and equal pay disputes.
She has extensive Employment Tribunal experience and in particular in the area of discrimination having been involved in the high profile pregnancy litigation for the Ministry of Defence – 1995.
She has significant experience advising on TUPE, termination packages and exit terms, enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality obligations.
Sejal is particularly skilled and experienced in advising and representing clients in the Employment Tribunal and High Court. Sejal also provides employment advice to high net worth clients.
- Sejal runs workshops and training for HR managers and senior managers on redundancy programmes, performance management, recruitment, managing ill-health absence, stress at work claims, disciplinary and grievance issues and equal opportunities.
- Sejal speaks at a number of external conferences, and has been invited to present seminars at the Employment Lawyers Association annual conference and the Health and Wellbeing Conference.
- Sejal has written a number of articles, publications including Charity Times, ELA briefing and Workplace Law Net, in addition to producing the department’s briefings for clients.
- Cannock v Ministry of Defence
- Meredith v Ministry of Defence
- Chelminski v Gydinia Shipping Limited
- Moyhing v Barts and London NHS Trust and Others
- Kalubowila v Heatherwood & Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Trust
- Mr XX v UKBA
We want our clients to have a seamless service, so we run free regular workshops, seminars and updates for our clients to ensure they receive real-time information relating to this ever developing and evolving area of the law.
Employment Expertise For Employers:
We act for employers of all sizes working in a wide variety of sectors, including property, corporate, health and social care, social enterprise, education and charity.
Our clients include HR professionals, in-house lawyers and senior management teams who welcome our broad capabilities from delivering immediate, tailored advice in response to day-to-day HR issues to handling contentious employment work in the Employment Tribunal.
We have pension and share option specialists who can assist in the employment issues arising in corporate transactions.
We help our clients develop HR strategies and policies and draft handbooks, employment contracts and other essential employment materials.
Our clients are kept up-to-date with new employment laws and regulations through our workshops and seminars and our regular briefings.
Employment Expertise For Individuals:
We understand how draining and damaging disputes can be for an employee. Our aim is to resolve disputes fairly and quickly. We will work hard to find a suitable settlement for our client, and where that is not possible will strive to achieve the best outcome for our client through litigation.
We offer our clients expert advice on:
- Breach of contract and wrongful dismissal
- Discrimination and equal pay
- Maternity and parental rights
- Negotiating exit packages
- Negotiating contracts of employment
- Representation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court
- Restrictive covenants
- Rewards, incentives and pensions
- Unfair dismissal
We are a leading UK-based law firm providing business, regulatory, not-for-profit and private legal advice.
Operating in a variety of sectors, we advise:
- Healthcare providers and insurers
- Regulatory and public sector bodies
- Start-ups through to established companies
- Property developers and investors
- Banks and other institutions
- Private individuals
- Inward investors to the UK
Services for businesses, not-for-profit and the public sector include: commercial, corporate, employment, immigration, property, dispute resolution and regulatory advice.
Services for private individuals include: tax, wills, trusts, estates, international tax and wealth structuring, property and employment advice.
“Sejal Raja of RadcliffesLeBrasseur enjoys a healthy reputation among her clients, being described as “really fantastic” and “an excellent employment lawyer.” She primarily focuses on discrimination but has experience handling whistle-blowing and equal pay disputes. “