Shelly H. Cozakos
Pickens Cozakos P.A.
398 S. 9th Street, Suite 240
P.O. Box 915
Boise, Idaho 83701-0915
Shelly also handles probate cases and has extensive experience representing clients in will contests, trust disputes and guardianship cases. Shelly’s love of children led her to develop an adoption practice and she frequently handles domestic and foreign adoptions and adoption related cases throughout Idaho.
- Ranked by Chambers USA among “America’s Leading Labor & Employment Lawyers,” 2007-2018
- Idaho State bar, Pro Bono Award for outstanding pro bono service – 2005
- Ranked by Martindale- Hubble as a “Distinguished Attorney”
- Recipient of TWIN Award from the Women’s and Children’s Alliance – 2015
- Leadership Boise Graduate – 2001
- Fellow of Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- McFadden v. Stinker Stores, Inc. Idaho State Court, County of Ada Obtained defense verdict for Stinker Stores following a court trial against claims of sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Kim v. Project Patch, et al Idaho State Court, County of Ada Obtained $2.3 million dollar verdict against treatment facility and employee for claims of negligent supervision of employee.
- Egelhoff v. Wyndham Worldwide U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho Obtained partial summary judgment dismissal of disability claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and favorable settlement for Wyndham Worldwide.
- Brennan v. Qwest Communications U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho Obtained summary judgment dismissal of disability claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act for Qwest Communications.
- Scentsy, Inc. v. Rimports U.S. District Court of Idaho Represented Scentsy in trade secrets claims. Achieved a successful injunction and favorable settlement.
Pickens Cozakos, P.A. provides exceptional legal services in the areas of real estate, business formation, estate planning, real estate and construction litigation, and general commercial litigation. Other areas of expertise include easement and boundary line disputes, construction contracts, mechanic’s liens, and subdivision and condominium litigation.