Susan Fahey Desmond
Jackson Lewis P.C.
650 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Ms. Desmond specializes in the areas of labor and employment and civil litigation, including representing employers in Family and Medical Leave cases, discrimination claims relative to age, sex, disability, race, religion, and sexual harassment, and handling EEOC charges and other administrative complaints through the administrative and judicial process.
Ms. Desmond also routinely counsels clients on a variety of employment practices, including employment contracts and employee handbooks and policies. She conducts employee training seminars, harassment investigations, and frequently speaks on employment-related topics for groups such as the Society for Human Resource Management, Compliance Online, and other management organizations.
Professional Associations and Activities:
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section; past chair, Labor Committee; Executive Council Coordinator, Young Lawyers Section; Torts and Insurance Practice Section; Emerging Issues Committee)
- Federal Bar Assocation
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association, Director
- The Mississippi Bar Young Lawyers Division, Director
We combine local expertise and national resources to deliver creative and strategic solutions for employers. In all matters, our goal is to help clients develop proactive strategies and business solutions that reduce workplace law risk.
- Preventive Approach: We partner with clients to minimize workplace-related disputes by educating employers on legal trends, judicial developments, and statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Focus on Client Service: We work with employers to create flexible fee arrangements that best suit our clients’ needs and offer a wide range of value-added programs and services, including local and national programs, webinars, newsletters and legal alerts regarding emerging developments.
- Local, National and Global Coverage: Our local offices across the U.S. provide representation to employers of all sizes from coast to coast, while our national practice groups ensure all our attorneys throughout the country have easy access to the latest resources in each practice area. Through our International Employment Issues practice and relationship with L&E Global, we assist multinational employers on issues that extend beyond our borders.
- Legal Solutions that Make Business Sense: We take the time early on in any matter to analyze the legal issues and our client’s business objectives, and then develop a strategy that takes both into account.
For over 55 years, our top priority has been providing the highest level of client service and legal representation, whether that is preventive reviews, responsive advice and counsel, or defending employers in litigation.
“Wide-reaching, national firm that is highlighted for its dedicated labor and employment focus. Deep bench of trial lawyers who regularly defend against class actions and single-plaintiff claims, including disability disputes and wage payment cases. Offers advice to both nonunionized and unionized employers on a range of state and federal compliance issues.”