Susan K. Sapp
Cline Williams Wright Johnson & Oldfather
233 South 13 Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
Tel: (402) 474-6900
She also handles all aspects of adoption proceedings, and was the legislative drafter for LB 712 (1995), LB1014 (1998), LB 247 (2007), LB 908 (2014) and LB 744 (2016) adoption legislation. In addition, Susan serves as mediator in personal injury and employment cases.
Cline Williams offers employers a single point of entry for help in all areas of labor and employment law. Cline Williams lawyers emphasize compliance and planning to prevent or minimize legal exposure. We regularly represent private and public employers of all sizes, including a broad range of businesses, educational institutions and health care providers. In addition, we advise high level executives concerning employment issues. Our services include:
- Preparation and review of personnel policies and employee handbooks
- Preparation and review of employment agreements, including non-compete, non-solicitation, confidentiality/non-disclosure, and severance agreements
- Advice and defense of claims concerning the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, wage and hour, OSHA and the WARN Act
- Management representation in union organization efforts and collective bargaining, advice regarding union avoidance strategies and representation in labor arbitrations in the private and public sectors
- Management representation in connection with petitions or charges under the National Labor Relations Act, and Nebraska Industrial Relations Act, before the National Labor Relations Board and the Nebraska Commission of Industrial Relations
- Teacher terminations, workplace investigations and wage-hour audits
Cline Williams is the only Nebraska member of the Employment Law Alliance, the largest network of lawyers distinguished for practice in labor and employment law. The Employment Law Alliance provides our lawyers a powerful legal resource to best serve our clients facing national and global employment issues. The Employment Law Alliance has more than 3,000 lawyers in all 50 states of the United States, every Canadian province, and more than 120 countries in ensure legal compliance in other jurisdictions.
We are a full-service firm with offices across Nebraska in Omaha, Lincoln, Aurora, and Scottsbluff, and in Fort Collins and Holyoke, Colorado. The professional excellence of the firm’s lawyers has long been recognized by our clients and peers.
In the past year, 34 of our lawyers have been included in one or more of the notable “best lawyers” lists published in the United States.