Trevor J. Hatfield
Hatfield & Associates Ltd.
703 South 8th Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Prior to forming Hatfield & Associates Ltd., Trevor was an associate attorney at a large law firm. Trevor decided to focus his practice and wanted to have a more “hands-on” and personal approach to practicing law.
A former member of the Marine Corps and USMCR, Trevor has been living in Las Vegas for nearly 15 years and has a wife and two young children. He grew up in Phoenix, and attended Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona, near the Grand Canyon. After service in the Persian Gulf War and graduating from college, Trevor attended Gonzaga University School of Law, and then clerked in Washington, D.C. after law school. Trevor yearned to return to the West, where he has practiced law for nearly 15 years in Las Vegas.
When you need an experienced lawyer for an employment law or litigation matter, look to Hatfield & Associates Ltd. Our Las Vegas, Nevada, attorneys represent clients before administrative bodies and in all state and federal court jurisdictions. We provide personalized, hands-on service to every client on a broad range of legal matters, including the following:
- Wrongful termination – We represent clients for violations of state and federal laws, whistleblowing or retaliation or as a breach of contract.
- Employment disputes – Our services include assistance with disputes between employees, harassment concerns, labor and union problems, employment contracts and denied unemployment compensation.
- Right-to-sue/EEOC cases – After you have submitted a claim to the EEOC, they will evaluate your issue to determine if they will take action on your behalf. They may feel there is not enough evidence to prove and infraction, or otherwise not wish to take your case, but provide you with a “right to sue” letter. We can help with your lawsuit at that point, as well as petition the EEOC for a letter if you have been unsuccessful in obtaining one.
- Discrimination claims/cases – We protect the rights of employees against discrimination on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, language, national origin and pregnancy. We also help with claims pertaining to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), pregnancy, breach of employment contract and workplace safety.
- Retaliation – We assist clients who have been retaliated against in the workplace, including for being a whistleblower, wage and hour complaints, harassment reporting or reporting a violation of law or regulations.
Trevor Hatfield has significant litigation experience, having participated in jury and bench trials, short trials, and arbitrations, and has extensive motion, deposition and evidentiary hearing practice in nearly all types of cases, and appellate experience, as well as transactional/estate planning experience. Below is a list of representative or exemplar significant trial / arbitration cases or settlements:
New Bethel Baptist Church Of Las Vegas vs Jesse Wesley Sr, Allen Kirk, et al, Case No. A475069 2003-2005: represented plaintiff church members in protracted litigation regarding theft of $180k in church funds by former church pastors and elders. Bench trial before J. Cory, verdict for plaintiffs resulting in post-trial confidential settlement.
Paul Vultaggio, Jennifer Vultaggio, et al vs Colorado Casualty, Homeland Central Insurance, Case No. A462660, 2003-2005: represented plaintiffs in first party underinsured motorist bad faith action, settlement on eve of trial for $275k.
Thomas Hansen, Jean Hansen vs Land Title Of Nevada Inc, Michael Smith, et al, Case No. A477633: represented plaintiffs in real estate seller v. broker/agent listing contract dispute, arbitration in favor of plaintiffs, Larry Johns, arbitrator, verdict for plaintiffs. Settlement in post-arbitration for additional monies for plaintiff.
John Hinkle vs James Sousa, Judy Klein, et al, Case No. A494507: Greenberg Traurig law firm for defendants: represented plaintiff web designer in intellectual property dispute resulting in confidential settlement on eve of trial.
Gary H Kent Inc, Gary Kent vs Glenn Anderson, Mark Mummey, et al, Case No. A514053: Kennedy Bailey law firm for defendants, 2005-2007: represented appraisal company owner in trade secret action against former employees and competitors resulting in bench trial stipulation and dismissal upon confidential settlement. J. Glass presiding.
Southwest Foundations Inc vs Rinker Materials Nevada Inc., Case No. A529949: Lionel Sawyer law firm for defendants, 2005-2007, represented concrete paving company in breach of contract / product defect action resulting in note forgiveness and settlement in excess of six figures.
Inn Room Video Inc vs Shalimar Hotel Enterprises, Ali Faeghi, et al., Case No. A531813: defended Howard Johnson hotelier in contract case, dispositive motion granted in favor of defendants.
Sin Wu vs Albert Tang, Miki Tang, Case No. A532701: defended contentious landlord/tenant case of Chinese-speaking client in case against allegations of willful destruction of tenant’s property / violation of court order, verdict for defense in bench trial after two all-day evidentiary hearings. J. Johnson presiding.
Manhattan West LLC, Plaintiff(s) vs. George Rogers, Defendant(s), Case No. A538163: represented nightclub developers in action for negligent design against architect, interior designers and subcontractors. Settlement well in excess of six figures regarding most defendants.
Living Word Ministry Church Of God vs Patrick Murray, Albert Murray, et al.,Case No. A499348: represented plaintiff church in contested property bequest action. Bench trial in favor of plaintiff and award of six figures and quiet title. J. Glass, presiding.
Carrie Lewis, Estate Of Cedric Lewis, et al vs Wal-Mart Stores Inc, Wal-Mart Real Estate Business Trust, et al., Case No. A514759: represented plaintiffs’ estate and heirs in wrongful death / negligent security case in co-chaired two week jury trial, J. Herndon presiding.
Shirley Baker vs Gerald Gillis, Stanley Steemer International Inc. Case No. A533286: 2007-2010, represented defendants in car/bus collision, settlement on eve of trial for $400k, demand $3.5m.
William Boston vs Mandalay Corporation, NBA Properties Inc, et al. Case No. A573212: defended the National Basketball Association and Mandalay Bay casino in multiple party litigation regarding premises liability case. Settled case for de minimis contribution amongst defendants.
William Roberts v. Samsung America and Albertsons, LLC, et al: United States District Court, defense of blood pressure monitor and cuff manufacturer and distributor in product defect action. Verdict in favor of defendants upon summary judgment. Judgment affirmed upon appeal by plaintiff to the Ninth Circuit.
Estate of McNelis, et al. v. Sumitomo Tire Co., et al. Case No. A554370: Crockett & Meyers plaintiffs, defense of tire manufacturer in wrongful death car collision action alleged to have been caused by product defect. Prepared trial witness outlines, trial motions, and argument. Case settled for low six figures after two week trial just before verdict, April 8, 2011.
Ahlers v. Trump/Ruffin LLC. Case No. A563815: represented thirty-plus plaintiffs under contract to purchase condominium units and hotel services in Las Vegas high-rise in arbitration and settlement of claims. Snell & Wilmer law firm for defendants.
Laidman v.Clark, et al., Case No. 2-11-cv-00704-LRH-PAL: representation of plaintiff investor/inventor resulting in settlement of $200k.
- Airborne Veterans Services, Inc.; disabled veteran-owned HVAC subcontractor; Las Vegas, NV.
- Airborne Veterans Services, LLC; Abita Springs, LA.
- Carvalho Creative, LLC; graphic arts studio; Las Vegas, NV.
- North Caribbean Transport, Inc.; tractor-trailer trucking brokers; Las Vegas, NV.
- River Card, LLC; gaming / poker tournament licensor; Las Vegas, NV.
- Sunline Logistics, LLC; tractor-trailer trucking brokers; Las Vegas, NV and NJ.
- Summerlin Softball Development Partners, LLC; realty investment trust
“When you are dealing with wrongful termination, employment disputes or other employment law matters, having an experienced attorney on your side can be beneficial to your case. At Hatfield & Associates Ltd., we are dedicated to helping clients with employment law as well as litigation for a broad range of legal concerns. We serve clients throughout the Greater Las Vegas area of Nevada.”