Sánchez Devanny is a leading Mexican law firm that provides full-service legal advice both to Mexican and international clients.
With distinct practice areas that regularly collaborate with one another, we provide comprehensive counsel to help our clients make better decisions for their businesses as a whole, especially in the energy, automotive, retail, real estate, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing industries.
More than attorney-client services: We build enduring client relationships that go beyond individual service contracts because we make every effort to understand our clients’ businesses and expectations, to serve as an ally, and to provide complete, accessible and personalised advice. As a testament to these efforts, we continue to advise clients today who have trusted us with their legal matters since Jorge Sánchez Devanny founded the firm in 1996.
Experience and creativity: Throughout the firm, we take pride in serving our clients with a combined approach of experience and creativity because we recognise that when you know how things are done it is easier to think outside the box. Our partners offer a wealth of experience, including in prior roles as in-house counsels at global companies and government agencies, and key roles within international law firms.
Labor, Social Security and Immigration Practice
- Support to HR departments with on-going matters including employment agreements, terminations, and fringe benefit planning.
- Attendance at labor claims before federal and local conciliation and arbitration boards throughout Mexico.
- Negotiation, execution, litigation and termination of collective-bargaining agreements throughout Mexico for companies with different labor unions and labor environments.
- Advice on the design and establishment of labor structures to achieve labor, tax and operational advantages, including costs efficiencies, asset protection and competitive edge.
- Advice to corporations to minimize the economic impact of employer contributions to Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), Mandatory Employee Housing (INFONAVIT) and Retirement Fund System (SAR).
- Defense of clients from tax assessments issued by the IMSS, INFONAVIT and SAR.
- Handling and processing of immigration documentation for top-level executives and their families.
- Lobbying for the amendment of labor legislation, including the federal statute, regulations and criterion by administrative and judicial authorities.
- Resolution of controversies related to foreign employees before the National Immigration Institute.
[show-team category=’mexico’ url=’active_custom_new’ layout=’grid’ style=’img-circle,img-shadow,text-center,img-above,2-columns’ display=’photo,position,location,email,telephone,name’]
Established domestic practice group advising a variety of international clients on labour and employment matters. Firm handles a range of mandates including employment agreements, contract terminations and benefit planning as well as labour litigation, immigration issues and collective bargaining agreements. “This is a highly professional firm. The service provided is timely, precise and well founded from a legal perspective, with clear focus on the client, and the partners offer wide experience of the field.”