Regular changes to law and regulation regarding employees and work health and safety mean that regular compliance checks of your contract and policy documentation is a must. It is especially important if you have not audited your workplace documentation to account for changes over the last 12 months.
Going into 2014, some of the areas to watch and consult with us about include:
- monitoring and implementing a strategy in relation to new bullying and harassment workplace laws; basic policy, readiness and an understanding of what the Fair Work Commission powers will be
- understanding relevant work health and safety requirements and any industry level codes of practice which apply to your workplace
- ensuring you have up to date and relevant contracts for employees
- ensuring your record keeping complies with the Fair Work Regulations 2009 requirements
- understanding and utilising Fair Work Ombudsman and Fair Work Commission resources
- understanding modern award coverage and its implications
- assessing and managing any pre – reform award exposure to back pay or underpayment claims
- being aware of social media use in the workplace and its implications
- taking necessary steps for the protection of confidential information and intellectual property
- reviewing your contractor agreements – are they really contractors?
- managing complaints and grievances by employees
Have one of our experienced employment lawyers visit your business and obtain an understanding of your needs, discuss any issues affecting your workplace that you may require assistance with, and assess your contract and policy review needs during an industrial audit meeting. For those of you who regularly deal with us by phone, this is a great opportunity for our employment lawyers to get better understanding of your business. We can also discuss the benefits of utilising theCG Workplace Connect service.