The employment law department of Ventura Garcés & López-Ibor has an established team of lawyers who can offer strategic and comprehensive advice to businesses, providing them with tailor-made solutions that suit the needs of each client in matters relating to:
- ongoing advice for HR Departments and Company Management;
- the notification of legislative changes, recommendations and observations regarding innovative judgements;
- contracting, payment and incentives;
- collective negotiation, collective bargaining agreements, company agreements;
- relations and negotiations with trades unions and works committees;
- staff lay-off procedures (“EREs”);
- dismissals and penalties;
- IT system user manuals;
- internal regulations manuals; and
- ethical behaviour manuals.
The Employment Department specialises in the area of senior management relations and the specific issues relating to senior management contracts, such as the signing by managers of confidentiality and non-compete undertakings. It also provides legal representation in court actions and other employment-related proceedings.
Ventura Garcés & López-Ibor Abogados
Ventura Garcés & López-Ibor is a legal firm with specialist experience in providing advice for businesses. With its markedly international approach, the firm covers all areas of Company Law in its mission to provide clients with personalised, practical and effective legal solutions.
Over its long history as a leading firm in the area of Company Law, Ventura Garcés & López-Ibor has earned a reputation as a reliable partner for leading Spanish and foreign companies, which trust the firm to provide high-quality, swift and comprehensive legal services with broad international coverage.
With offices in Barcelona and Madrid, and a network of partner firms in the world’s most important cities, Ventura Garcés & López-Ibor has become a benchmark legal firm both in Spain and internationally in all matters relating to Company Law. This has been recognised year after year in endorsements from the most prestigious international legal directories.
Advises clients from the transport, retail and fashion industries on collective and individual dismissals. Has experience in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements. Also assists with harassment claims. Clients highlight the team’s “high knowledge of employment law and employment disputes.”